Do you ever have one of those days when you...
- have to go to a doctor's appointment (the dreaded annual physical, no less)
- can't find your car keys
- run back into the house three times---at the very least---for forgotten objects
- find the cat sitting on the mice cage
- find a hairball coughed up beside the mice cage :o(
- realize you haven't eaten breakfast and don't even have time to grab a slice of butter and bread
- get out to the car to find the children squabbling and bickering and shoving
- go back into the house for another forgotten object
...to find your house dog sleeping in a self-made nest of bedcovers at the foot of your bed, only to pause and, at that very moment, to wish with all your heart ...
...that you could be that dog?