Kayleigh gives her god-daughter an early cooking lesson.
She makes this chicken/cornbread dish quite often. This morning she made a pan for the Thanksgiving dinner at her work place. I took notes.
- 1/2 bag of Thawed Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast (can add as much chicken as you desire in your dressing)
- 1 package white cornbread baked in 10 1/2 inch cast-iron skillet
- Cajun Trinity: bell pepper, onion, and celery (as much as desired)
- Green onion (as much as desired)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
Mix your package of white cornbread and put to bake. While it is baking, cut chicken breasts into inch-sized cubes. Brown chicken in two tablespoon butter. Cook slowly and watch that it doesn't burn. When fully cooked, shred on plate. Lightly coat another pan with virgin olive oil and saute your Cajun Trinity and green onion. When cornbread is done baking, crumble it into large bowl. Leave your oven at 350 degrees. Mix sauted seasonings, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup into cornbread. Blend completely.* Stir shredded/chunks of chicken into cornbread mixture and spread in pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
* Kayleigh likes to add extra chicken broth to make her dressing moist. Add as little or as much as you desire.
Excuse the condition of the pan. It was Meme's and it's well-used/well-seasoned. It's Kayleigh's favorite.
Yum! Nanny sure can cook! Don't worry...I think it was pureed squash.